Tuesday, July 26, 2005




LAN parties can get mighty hot, What with tebbe reading erotic novels and everything, So i decided i needed some cooling..... Okay. so thats not really the reason. MOAL party is usually cooled very well. I just wanted an excuse to throw a bunch of shit together with JB weld and call it a bawls fan. But for now, lets just say it was born out of necessity, as it gives my lame endeavours more merit.

I wanted the fan to be based on a LAN party staple- the mighty bawls bottle, and I started off with this fine specimen:


The first challenge was deciding what was going to make up the 'fan' part of this fan. I looked through my vast piles of junk, and even considered making blades out of wood before I found something easy: An 80mm Case fan was just about the perfect size, and it was easy.


I decided i wanted this device to be USB powered. I took the USB extension cable that came with my logitech cordless CLICK! optical wireless mouse, and cut off the end i wasnt going to use. I took the red and black wires (teh power) and attached them to power on the fan. It did spin, but not very fast. I decided to just take the blades out of the fan and find another motor to power this thing.

Now i needed something to spin these blades. Awhile back I had taken all the fun things out of my old hardware before i took it all to he dump. In this pile of salvaged goodies were several motors out an old school CDrom drive. I took the best one and Sure enough, it spun up real nice. So i JB welded the Fan blades to the motor and let it dry overnight.


While it was drying, I drilled a hole in the bawls bottle near the bottom. This wasnt exactly easy because i dont drill much, and i usually drill things that are meant to be drilled. Like wood. Or plastic. I knew if i pressed too hard, the glass was going to shatter, Hell it was probably going to shatter either way. By the way, I didnt use a drill, i just chucked a bit into my dremel and went at it. I went nice and slow and just kinda let it chip away at the bottle a little bit at a time. The whole process took between five and ten minutes, mainly because i didnt wanna break this one and start over.

I ran the USB cable through the hole and up out the top of the bottle. WHen the JB weld was dry on the fan assembly, I soldered the power lines of the USB cable to the motor. Then I JB welded the motor to the lip of the bottle and let this dry overnight.

The next day, I plugged it in and let it spin up. The motor spun and it moved a decent ammount of air. As the fan blades werent exactly center on the shaft, The bawls bottle also started vibrating and gliding across the table. "teh ladiez will love this" I exclaimed, clinging excitedly to my bawls.


I bet satan sucks at CS.

24 Comments:

Blogger waltergonzo1236 said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

4:13 AM  
Blogger marksmith74419481 said...

I really enjoyed your blog. This is a cool Website Check it out now by Clicking Here . I know that you will find this WebSite Very Interesting Every one wants a Free LapTop Computer!

6:41 PM  
Blogger unixlinux said...

Nice KDE rlated blog. Visit my 50 50xs955 kde sony blog.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Chuck Reynolds said...

Still Struggling To Get Your Affiliate Checks?

Don't Be A Loser - Click Here:

to do list

6:49 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:25 PM  
Blogger kevinlando7113 said...

Make no mistake: Our mission at Tip Top Equities is to sift through the thousands of underperforming companies out there to find the golden needle in the haystack. A stock worthy of your investment. A stock with the potential for big returns. More often than not, the stocks we profile show a significant increase in stock price, sometimes in days, not months or years. We have come across what we feel is one of those rare deals that the public has not heard about yet. Read on to find out more.

Nano Superlattice Technology Inc. (OTCBB Symbol: NSLT) is a nanotechnology company engaged in the coating of tools and components with nano structured PVD coatings for high-tech industries.

Nano utilizes Arc Bond Sputtering and Superlattice technology to apply multi-layers of super-hard elemental coatings on an array of precision products to achieve a variety of physical properties. The application of the coating on industrial products is designed to change their physical properties, improving a product's durability, resistance, chemical and physical characteristics as well as performance. Nano's super-hard alloy coating materials were especially developed for printed circuit board drills in response to special market requirements

The cutting of circuit boards causes severe wear on the cutting edge of drills and routers. With the increased miniaturization of personal electronics devices the dimensions of holes and cut aways are currently less than 0.2 mm. Nano coats tools with an ultra thin coating (only a few nanometers in thickness) of nitrides which can have a hardness of up to half that of diamond. This has proven to increase tool life by almost ten times. Nano plans to continue research and development into these techniques due to the vast application range for this type of nanotechnology

We believe that Nano is a company on the move. With today�s steady move towards miniaturization we feel that Nano is a company with the right product at the right time. It is our opinion that an investment in Nano will produce great returns for our readers.

Online Stock trading, in the New York Stock Exchange, and Toronto Stock Exchange, or any other stock market requires many hours of stock research. Always consult a stock broker for stock prices of penny stocks, and always seek proper free stock advice, as well as read a stock chart. This is not encouragement to buy stock, but merely a possible hot stock pick. Get a live stock market quote, before making a stock investment or participating in the stock market game or buying or selling a stock option.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

http://2relico.comconstruction cost and construction cost Ideas for Home Construction projects. If you own a home and need to work on construction cost then al I want to say is Yea.... I wood love to let you in on a secret about home repairs... People ask me all the time about construction cost and they want to know simple ways to solve ther problems ...well I have the answers and If you go to http://2relico.com construction cost and go through the site you will find what you are looking for... what can I say butt get going ...

7:31 AM  
Blogger margretingals7270 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

11:44 AM  
Blogger BaseJumper21 said...

I love your blog, I've found another cool site vendor reviews

10:27 PM  
Blogger aceinthehole21 said...

Hey,

Your site is looking Pretty good. I like it.

I have a new site that focuses on Tech Reviews, RMA Reviews, and more.

You should check it out.

##Link## Reviews

Ciao,

Ravi

8:48 PM  
Blogger skypeuser21 said...

Hey,

Your site is looking Pretty good. I like it.

I have a new site that focuses on Tech Reviews, RMA Reviews, and more.

You should check it out.

##Link## Reviews

Ciao,

Ravi

7:23 AM  
Blogger Paul Adams said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
loans center
It covers loans center related subjects.
Have a great day!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Paul Adams said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
loans center
It covers loans center related subjects.
Have a great day!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Paul Adams said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
loans center
It covers loans center related subjects.
Have a great day!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Iza Firewall said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Chang bui thi said...

Thanks for sharing. I hope it will be helpful for too many people that are searching for this topic.
Signature:
i like play games friv 4 online and play games 2 girls 2 Download facebook movel

7:15 PM  
Blogger Whatsapp Descargar said...

This article is really fantastic and thanks for sharing the valuable post.
Signature:
download free descargar whatsapp and download baixar whatsapp online and descargar whatsapp gratis , baixar whatsapp gratis

12:46 AM  
Blogger Facebook Descargar said...

I found a lot of information here to create this actually best for all newbie here. Thank you for this information.
Signature:
download descargar facebook gratis para Android celular and download free descargar facebook apk and descargar facebook gratis , descarga facebook

11:56 PM  
Blogger Frozen Juegos said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
Signature:
Jugar juegos de frozen en línea gratis, los nuevos de princesa de Disney juegos frozen - la princesa encantadora y linda. Divertirse frozen!

7:09 PM  
Blogger games unblocked said...

I am very happy to read this. Appreciate your sharing
unblockedgames
un show mas
kids games
friv

2:23 AM  
Blogger Alice Denny said...

I was working and suddenly I visits your site frequently and recommended it to me to read also. Age Of War 2
Big Farm | Slitherio
Tank Trouble | Happy Wheels
Goodgeme Empire | Slither.io

8:34 PM  
Blogger Jordan Ovilia said...

You go to our Web page you can play online games for free.
Our Web page selection is the biggest collection so you can play entirely for free
gun mayhem | age of war
learn to fly | happy wheels game
tank trouble

1:21 AM  
Blogger hường lê said...

Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article.

Discover our website bounty of free online games now!
Our website has the biggest collection of free online games. Totally new games are added every day!

age of war 2| gold Miner 2| unfair Mario 2 | cubefield 2 |tanki Online 2

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home